Feb 26, 2010

did you watch the Winter Olympics?

Come Sunday, the Winter Games will end.  They were televised by NBC and on their cable channels.  Going into the games, NBC pre-announced that they would lose about $250M before the game even STARTED!  Given that, did you watch any of the games?  If so, what stoked your interest?  What did you try to watch and just couldn't? Was there something you just took some time to view and found it interesting and it hooked you? Was there an event that you wanted to watch but couldn't 'cause of the way NBC programmed it?  Is there a winter sport not in the Olympics that should be in?  Are you more interested in the Summer Games or the Winter Games?  Who was your favorite Winter Olympian?  Will it ever stop snowing in areas that don't need the snow that Vancover really needed?  Just a few thoughts for the weekend that we all will be snowed in due to the SNOW!!!!

4 comments:

  1. From the State of Hockey:

    I enjoyed watching both men's and women's hockey. maybe men's a little more. I did like the 4 on 4 format for the overtime. It's fine that Canada won. They're nice people, and it was their national honor at stake. It wasn't that big a deal for us. Two silvers is excellent! With the exception of basketball, I do like the Winter Olympics better than the summer, BUT being an unusual American, I would rather spend my "once-in-a-while" sports time watch ing the Copa Mundo. If the USA won that, I would truly go nuts! For what should be in, and what shouldn't, I think there are several events in the Olympics which should be in the X-games, you know what I mean. The next Winter Olympics, as well as this World Cup, are going to be pretty challenging for the TV guys, with the large time differences between the venues and the U S of A. I guess it could go both ways, if I know that Cameroon beat Brazil earlier in the day, I would probably watch the taped coverage at night, and I would watch the USA games anyway, win or lose, although live would definitely be more exciting. Unless the USA was playing men's hockey, I would not watch any of the Winter Olympics live in the middle of a work night. I might, however, watch some of the taped stuff, in prime time, even if I knew the outcome. All in all, I would say the Winter Olympics were enjoyable to watch. Vancouver is a cool city, even thought the weather pretty much sucks (think Seattle).

    ReplyDelete
  2. State of Hockey? Is that a mental state or physical state? Ok, I give! What is Copa Mundo? Sounds like a great Caribbean drink and if it is, pour one for me! Gotta hand it to the people of the Great White North. They took a flub from the Opening Ceremony and make if a cool part of the Closing Ceremony! Way to go. Now that the Olympics are over, it means only one thing..."Play ball!" will be yelled very, very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The guy that scored the tying goal, with 24 seconds to go, and the guy that scored the winning goal, both went to prep school 60 miles from here. We supply more hockey players to the D1 colleges and NHL than any other state in the country, hence, the State of Hockey. Copa Mundo = World Cup of Soccer. And now, let's get Obama to throw out that first pitch (unfortunately for the White Sox).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see that getting closer to retirement time has given someone mucho time to read and post! Not like us working stiffs who have to keep the nose to the grindstone...wait I'm here aren't I? So much for criticism!

    ReplyDelete