Feb 8, 2010

This has to be a Dallas moment!!!

It's now almost 24 hrs after the SB and I wake up (get the title take) and the Saints have in fact won SB 44!! It is not a dream!  My oh my, what will the long-suffering Browns' fans do if (and a BIG IF) the Browns first, have a winning season; second get into the playoffs; third win playoff games; fourth make it to the SB and finally, fifth, win the whole enchilada!!!  One can only dream and that is all we can do for now. 

Is it only me, but...does it seem as if the Cavs are getting into another gear, all with Delonte and Mo out with injuries?  Tell me you didn't think there would be a toe-stub with those two riding the pines!  Does Shaq look more in tuned with the team rotation now?  Do the Celtics look reaaaaaalllllllly old, or is it only me?

Can this be the y.....got to stop, do not want to jinx anything.  So, SI if you are reading this...no covers until the NBA season is over...No specials for the NBA playoffs featuring you know who...and no CAVS merchandise sales before the right time (are you listening Mike Greenburg and all you J-E-T-S jets jets jets fans!!!)


So for now, bunker down for more snow and it is only 13 days till the pitchers and catchers report!!!

5 comments:

  1. hey first comment! keep up the good work dad you know i'll follow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bout time you dumped some of that sports stuff that's in your head. Still say - you should be writing and talking sports for your supper!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, speaking of Super Bowls, the other day I was arguing with a Steelers Fan. Yes, I know, what with a typical lack-of-education attitude that most Pittsburgh fans find themselves in, I proceeded to tell him that the Browns have indeed won more ‘championships’ than the Steelers have.
    Well, I could see the broken steel-mill churning in his malformed head and then it was on! So I explained that the Browns have won 8, yes I said eight, ‘championships’, including an undefeated 15-0 season in 1948. They simply weren’t called “Super Bowls” then, but they were still ‘championships’ nonetheless.
    So, anyway, he then mumbled something about either Palamalu’s hair or Terry Bradshaw peanut-butter… But my point is, somewhere in Florida, Otto Graham is sitting in a rocking chair with a smile on his face.
    Make the world a better place, punch a Steeler fan in the face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't get to feeling like the Lone Ranger. We Vikings fans have been carrying a load around for a long time, too. Maybe not quite as long as the Browns, but give us a chance. I even had a Cheesehead commiserate with me the other day after the Vikings/Saints game. He said that it was too bad about the loss; it looked like the Vikings were just not destined to win the Super Bowl, which was actually played as the NFC championship game this year. That's my last whine for this season. Go Twins!

    ReplyDelete