Mar 2, 2010

are you too, tired of the snow?

Now that it is March, that means three things.  One snow should be ending, I hope!  Two, opening day is less than 4 weeks away! And three, "MARCH MADNESS"!!! IMO, the four weeks devoted to this tournament is the best event spread over a few weeks and weekends.  Unknown teams take on the Big Names (last year-Cleveland State v. Wake Forrest for example) always spark the early draws and games.  Further the march goes, the more the Big Names prevail.  With that said, and the brackets not up yet, who do you see as an unknown team making a big splash?  What big name team makes the big splash by getting dumped!  Who is your favorite right now and will you change it as the brackets will be formed?  Will you play a bracket sheet? One or Many?  OK..get ready..tipoff is just a week away!  Go Flyers!!!

1 comment:

  1. I saw Portland State play a couple of flawless games in the pre-season. I don't know what's happened to them, but they could surprise in the first round, if they make it that far. Michigan played two perfect games against Minnesota. If they could put that kind of performance on the floor in Indianapolis, who knows??? I'll go with Kansas right now. It's too bad for us Big 10 afficionados, that Purdue lost their big gun. I think they could have gone all the way. I usually play one bracket sheet, pick too many favorites in the first round, and look sad for the rest of the tournament. I agree, the Big Dance captivates me for weeks. We are fortunate here in Minnesota to get preliminary rounds frequently. I have been attending those, in the Metrodome for many years. I have seen a great number of current NBA players as they were coming up through college. Great games!

    ReplyDelete