Mar 4, 2010

do you follow another team?

As sports fans (BTW: short for fanatical), we all follow certain teams, usually in our home town, or current town (maybe).  With that said, who do you follow other than your fav team?  Or, what team would NEVER EVER ABSOLUTELY NOT follow?
I'll start:  MLB-gotta love the Cubbies, especially after taking in a game at Wrigley. No need to state my off the wall comments about the Yankees!  NFL: Hard one, since I follow FB but not as diligently as MLB.  But if I must choose it would be the NY Giants-love the old school uniforms.  Close second would be Minn Vikes.  NBA-Have had a love-hate feeling w/Celtics.  Follow them to see them lose, so that's my NBA pick.  NHL: No team here so follow Penguins.  Not really into C'Bus Blue Jackets, so Pens get the pick.  Close second-NY Islanders, BGSU/Olympic grad Ken Morrow played with Isles and that kept me watching.  Now yours!

2 comments:

  1. OK. MLB: If the Twins can't win it, I am a died-in-the-wool Central Division fan . . . any Central Division team that goes all the way are may favorites (except... maybe the Tigers;) ). I don't really have a hate team (except... maybe the Red Sox or Braves;) ). NFL: I am always (almost) pulling for your Browns, and the Cowboys are far maore annoying than the Yankees. In the NBA I pull for teams with former Gophers on them. We hardly ever have anyone to cheer on very far up here. I have kind of a love/hate relationship with the Celtics. They have Kevin Garnett, who really lit up the T-wolves for a while, but on the other side, they have Kevin Garnett, who USED to light up the T-wolves. And, finally, in the NHL, even though we do have a representative in the league, they are not VERY representative. I'll watch some of the games in the Western Conference, but with minimum interest. It kind of sucks that the Wild would be in 5th or 6th in the East, but aren't even going to make the playoffs in the West. Like I said before, trying to follow former Gophers in the NHL is almost impossible, three or four make it every year, mostly sucking the college team dry by playoff time. Good topic! As you can see, I'm spending far too much time on this. I'll take a break now . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never can spend TOO much time on important issues like these. It is used to get people acclimated to having a whole lot of free....time!!!!

    ReplyDelete