Jun 28, 2010

do the Indian's brain trust think we have no brains?

With the trading of the most beautiful left-handed strikeout swing this weekend, the "brain trust" (a loose phrase if I ever read one) of the Indians have admitted that, in 2010, the Tribe is re-building. REALLY!!!!! When did they come to that conclusion? What stars in the sky did they read to see that?  What conversations did they have with Dionne Warrick to understand that fact?  All the "brain trust" would have done was ask the people in the know...their dwindling fan base, that's who!!

I never slept in a Holiday Inn to understand that at the C. C. Sabathia trade deadline, the towel was being thrown in on winning for the next 5-7 years.  Why?  Simple.  The money is not going to be spent.  Do the Dolans have the money?  Don't know for sure.  Do they want to spend the money?  Apparently not on ball players who can produce, both short term or long term.  They dump, yes dunp, C.C., Cliff Lee, Victor Martinez, and to a lesser degree Ben Fransisco, Ryan Garko, Franklin Gutierrez, for supposedly high ranking prospects.  Then they sign such retreads as Austin Kearns; Mark Redmond, Mark Alphabet, Kerry Woods, and the aforementioned left handed strike out swing.  And still around is the deer in the headlights 3rd basemen; a 1B/DH who cannot throw; and others to numerous to mention.

Now within the past three days, the "brain trust" make the statement we have known for years, we are rebuilding.  I often think I and many others like myself, could make better decisions than the "brain trust", but WTH we are only fans who spend our precious money on season tickets; food/beverages/parking/team shop items to sit and watch a fake major league team 162 times a year.  Insulting is the best word I can use.

If I am told that it is necessary to rebuild a team, then go ahead and rebuild.  I'll accept it.  I know the economics of the sport. I am a fan, but a realist.  Come clean, tell me the plan, give me something to watch and observe grow.  I'll be all in. But don't do what my wife always says,

"Don't Bullshit a Bullshitter!!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment