Jun 22, 2010

...has Tribe baseball apathy hit the Dolans?

It has been a while and a ton of things have happened, and nothing is good :+(  The Cavs, lead (a term used loosely) by LBJ did the best fold-a-roo since...well I'm hard pressed to find a time a Cleveland team performed so atrociously in an important game.  At least Jose Mesa threw the ball in '97 and not the entire game; season; and possibly the franchise! the Browns FINALLY made a RIGHT step with the hiring of Mike Holmgren.  At least you have the feeling that someone is in charge and someone who KNOWS football.  The QB debacle is over, but still not settled.  But at least we have a proven QB in the mix.  Not sure?  Then I ask you to read all the names of QB's since '99 and you'll see what I mean.  Just a few weeks from now Browns camp opens and the football season sheds hope to all of us.  And that brings me to my beloved Indians.

Sadly, it pains me to say this but I have no interest in following them now.  Did not say at all, simply said now.  Why? Well if I wanted to follow the minor league players, I can travel less than 10 miles to Eastlake and watch the Captains and not have to get a second mortgage to take the family of 4; feed and drink them; and get choice seats.  Rather do that then spend what little hard earn money I have left to watch baseball at the Jake (still refuse to call it anything else).  The two times there I have witnessed a team that has deplorable fundamentals; a bullpen that seems afraid of its shadow; a batting line-up that cannot hide both Branyon and Peralta at the same time.  They may be really nice people no doubt, but has anyone seen a smoother left-handed strike out swing than Branyon's?  Or a batter that has those deer in the headlights look like Peralta?  And as far as Luis Valbena, I can loose 35 lbs, and he would STILL be batting less than my desired weight! Now there is talk of trading ANOTHER quality player away in Carmona?  Yes, I know he has struggled, but is it that far removed from the Yankee infested midges game that he was soooo dominant?  C.C. Sabathia; Cliff Lee; and Victor Martinez all traded for roster filling bodies for Eastlake; Kingston; Akron; and Columbus.  And I am supposed to be excited to go to the Jake to see what......NOTHING!  I am not one who goes to see the other stars come into town, I want to see my stars, not theirs.  And until such time, I guess my Tribe apathy is growing and that my friends is a BIG PROBLEM for the Dolan's.

No comments:

Post a Comment