Jul 4, 2010

isn't today a really special day?

Yes, today is a special day to all of us here in C'Town and all of the surrounding area.  Today things have come to a halt and we are basking in the sun; the warmth; the eats; and the family/friends to enjoy today, after yesterday July 3rd.

See after yesterday, today now starts another period of time we have to wait for.  Today is the day that we wait for something else to impact the area.  Today is the day we all cherish, whether we want to admit it or not.

You see, today is the Fourth of July, the nation's birthday. A nation that gives the freedom to do what was done July 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.  To give us the chance to grovel at the feet of gazillionaires; to make fools of our selves asking someone to stay even if the person never was going to leave anyway.  Today is the day that I can sit here and blog to my hearts content, know that for a brief moment, I like many before me.....

Served this country with honor defending our flag and our nation.

To me that is more important than anything else that took place this weekend!  To my fellow Vets from all eras, and to those who may be taking the next risk on my behalf....

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment